The Sketchy Artist
The Sketchy Artist is an arts and crafts supply store that carries paints, paper, blank notebooks, pens, unique gift cards and a variety of knickknacks. Owner and professional artist April Ripka believes in keeping things local, which is why most of the art sold in her store is by local artists. The store, which strives to be eco-friendly, is open daily.
- Hours: Sun, noon - 4pm; Mon - Fri, 10:30am - 6pm; Sat, 10:30am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ground-level
- Founding Date: 2008
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Art supplies, gifts, paper and stationary, cards, notebooks/journals, Japanese gifts, eco-friendly product lines, kids stuff, local art and more!
- Services: Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Shipping
- Return policy: Refunds (cash only), exchange or store credit with 15 days of original purchase with receipt only. All paper and pen purchases are final.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- What's your most popular item?: the Buddha board!
- Any tips for first-time crafters?: Don't be afraid to ask questions and make mistakes! It's all about having fun.
- What is the most popular toy or game ever sold at the store?: Japanese erasers and the small Dover books - both only $1.50 each! The Winkel is our most popular baby toy.
- Toy and game brands: Plan Toys, Haba, eeboo, Iwako, Glob paints, Klutz, Dover, Manhattan Toy, Smencils, and various cute gifts from Japan.