The Rare Pair
The Rare Pair, open since 1977, is located in the heart of downtown Northfield and is a local favorite among residents and college students. It specializes in men's and women's clothing, comfortable shoes and winter accessories. The shop carries handmade hats, mittens and scarves imported from Nepal as well as mittens handcut from recycled sweaters and a selection of other original design products. The Rare Pair is pleased to offer "townie" apparel and gift items which are popular with college students and promote the Northfield community.
- Fax: 507-645-3191
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9:30am - 8pm; Sat, 9:30am - 5:30pm; Sun, noon - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is level with the sidewalk.
- Founding Date: 1977
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Men's and women's clothing, shoes for all ages, handbags, jewelry, winter apparel, accessories, gifts, Northfield "townie" products
- Services: Gift certificates, Gift wrapping
- Return policy: Returns within 30 days will receive cash back, while returns after 30 days will receive store credit.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: "The Rare Pair has a very loyal customer base and enjoys serving college students and their parents."
- Clothing and accessories brands: Smartwool, Woolrich, Baggallini, Ellington, Icelandic, !it Jeans, Earth Creations, Royal Robbins, Grizzly, Hobo, Harvey's Seatbelt Bags, life is good, Overland
- Original design / hand-made?: Yes
- Part of a chain: No
- Number of changing rooms: 3
- Tailoring: No