St John's Lutheran Church (ELCA)
St. John's, one of three ELCA churches in Northfield, is located just a few blocks from downtown with a large campus that expanded to its current size in 2003. St. John's was started by a group of Norwegian immigrants in 1869 who met in several different locations under various names until about 1913. St. John's offers a lively atmosphere and many programs for children and adults alike, including five choirs, a handbell choir, catechism classes and a multitude of study groups.
- Hours: Sunday Worship: 8:30am & 10:45am; Full calendar available on the church website.
- Handicap Accessible: Use entrances on the parking lot side.
- Founding Date: 1869
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Denomination: Lutheran
- Congregation size: 2,000
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes