The Northfield Hospital moved to its current location seven years ago and sits on land leased from St. Olaf College. The $34-million project was funded by revenue bonds and cash reserves.
The hospital started from humble beginnings 100 years ago when it opened in a two-story house at the corner of Eighth Street and Water Street. In 1934, Northfield Hospital became a city hospital.
It has grown to a 37-bed facility and offers a wide range of health services, including an emergency room, birthing services and chemotherapy.
- Hours: Daily, 24 hours
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1910
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Insurance accepted: All major insurance companies.
- Free consultation: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of beds: 37
- Type: General
- Features: Cafeteria, Gift/flower shop
- Departments: Intensive care unit, OB/GYN, Rehabilitation services, Surgery
- Visiting hours: Daily, 7am - 9pm
- Helipad: No