On your mark. Get set. Shop!
The fifth annual 5th Bridge Goods for Good rummage sale event is Friday and Saturday. At least 16 yard and garage sales will be conducted around Northfield either one or both days to raise money for community organizations.
Northfield-based 5th Bridge, a community group that promotes volunteerism and philanthropy in the city, organizes the annual event. This year's goal is to raise $20,000 for charitable causes in and around the city.
To be part of Goods for Goods—also called “The Great Northfield Rummage Raid of Charity”—participating groups pledge to commit at least 50 percent of the proceeds from their sales a to cause of their choice, which very well could be their own nonprofit or community organization.
5th Bridge helps to publicize and arrange the rummage sales and to distribute proceeds after the sales.
Groups were asked to register their sales with 5th Bridge by April 27 to take part in this year’s event.
5th Bridge’s website calls Goods for Good a “Great service and fund raising opportunity for families, neighborhoods, churches, nonprofit organization, service clubs, Circles of Service, sports teams, school groups, friends, etc.”
Rummage sales listed on 5th Bridge’s website as part of this year's Goods for Good effort include:
• 806 Eastridge Drive, to benefit the r, open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
• 804 Superior Drive, to benefit the , open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
• 801 St. Olaf Ave., to benefit Minnesota Teen Challenge, open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
• 2018 Jefferson Rd., Suite I, to benefit , open 8 a.m. 5 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
• 340 Montessori Court (Northfield Montessori), to benefit Northfield Montessori, open 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• 401 College St., to benefit TORCH, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
• 1401 S. Maple Street (United Methdist Church), to benefit United Methodist Women's Missions, open 2 to 5 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• 410 Odd Fellows Lane (Three Links Care Center Lodge), to benefit Friends of Three Links Auxiliary, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
• 906 St. Lawrence Drive, to benefit the Community Action Center, open 4 to 7 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• 36 Fareway Drive, to benefit the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, open 7 a.m. to noon Saturday
• 216 N. Spring Street (St. Dominic School), to benefit , open 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• 1305 Honeylocust Drive, to benefit the Youth Group.
• 1710 Riverview Drive, to benefit /The Key, open from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• 12 Frances Circle, to benefit the Community Action Center and Prairie’s Edge Humane Society, open from 2 to 5 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• 12730 Falk Trail, to benefit Northfield boys tennis and Pine Tree Apple Tennis Classic for pediatric cancer research, open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• 401 Jefferson Parkway (Bridgewater Elementary), to benefit Prairie’s Edge Humane Society, open Friday from 10:30 to 3 p.m.
Click here for a map and more information about these rummage sales.