The results are in and Jeff Grotte's picture of the south Molton barn outside of Jackson won Week 2 of Patch's Summer Vacation Photo Contest.
For receiving the most votes, Grotte wins a $25 gift card from Caribou Coffee and is entered in the grand prize getaway to Stillwater valued up to $500 that includes an overnight stay at , a Foodies on Foot adventure and a tour at .
Starting Sept. 3, Grotte will face off in a week-long vote against the winners of Weeks 1, 3 and 4.
Mandi Verville, one of 37 people to cast their vote for Grotte's photo, wrote, "Quiet, captivating and transcendent. True art." In all, 101 votes were tallied.
Be sure to check out the and all in Week 2!
Week 3 submissions can be submitted now by going to the . We'll accept photos through 9 p.m. Wednesday and then select 10 photos to be voted on from Thursday through 9 p.m. Sunday.
Photo Number Number of Votes 1 0 2 4 3 1 4 6 5 1 6 1 7 37 8 18 9 6 10 27
And, some of the legal details:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, upload your summer vacation photos to the “Patch's Summer Vacation Photo Contest“ post on any of the 25 Minnesota Patch sites. Entrants can only submit photos of their own original photos, which must be from this summer. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
- All entries must be received by 9 p.m. CDT Wednesday of the competing week.
- Four weekly winners will receive a $25 gift card to Caribou Coffee.
- One grand prize winner selected from the weekly winners will receive a grand prize valued up to $500. The grand prize includes an overnight stay at Water Street Inn, a Foodies on Foot adventure and a tour at Northern Vineyards Winery, all located in Stillwater. Transportation to/from Stillwater is not included in the prize and will be the responsibility of the winner.
See the attached PDF for complete Official Rules.