ENHANCE FITNESS - Free to UCARE subscribers
NOTE: Free to U-Care for Seniors Subscribers, but everyone is welcome!
You can recognize an Enhance Fitness class by the relaxed atmosphere and the laughter in the room. A full hour of fun, dynamic cardiovascular exercise, strength training, and stretching make Enhance Fitness the premier fitness choice for older adults. Based on solid research and tested at over 100 sites around the country, Enhance Fitness focuses on stretching, flexibility, balance, low impact aerobics, and strength training exercises — everything health professionals say we need to maintain health and function as we grow older.
In a typical class, here's what you'll experience:
· Ten to 25 people close to your own level of fitness
· A certified instructor with special training in bringing out the physical best from older adults
· A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to your muscles
· A 20-minute aerobics workout that gets you moving or a walking workout to lively music,
· A 5-minute cool-down
· A 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle and wrist weights (0 up to 20 pounds)
· A 10-minute stretch to keep your muscles flexible, Balance exercises throughout the class
· Many opportunities to make new friends and acquaintances
When you join an Enhance Fitness class, you won't need any special or expensive equipment. Your certified instructor who has undergone special training in fitness for older adults will lead you through an hour of dynamic exercises at a pace that's right for you.
Instructor: Gale Marchand, ACSM-Certified Personal Trainer, NETA Fitness Instructor. Fitness Manager at NSC
Fee; $8 or free to UCare for Seniors Subscribers; or membership