- Time to give heartworm preventative medication.
- It's too warm for your pet in the car if the temp. is 70 degrees or above. A short time can be fatal even with the windows open.
- Give your pet a thorough grooming - check for sores that need to be cleaned
- Check your pets ears - are they nice and clean or do they have a bad odor? If yes, clean the ears gently. Ear problems are painful to our pets too.
- Gnats and biting flies (nasty things) can make life miserable for your pet. Watch for sores and bloody bites especially on the ears. Keep the area treated to avoid infection and to make your pet more comfortable.
- Trim the toenails - remember the dew claws if your pet has them
- Check to make sure the collar isn't too tight
- Clean up the yard or kennel where your pet spends time
And, of course, there always seems to be one more thing. How about picking up an extra bag of good quality pet food or kitty litter. It makes a great contribution to the local food shelf. Spend your donation dollars on something healthy rather than treats or toys. Those things are nice but not substantial.