The following is the school's most recent statement on the closure:
Northfield Public Schools will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 7 because of the continued extreme cold.
The forecast indicates warmer temperatures later in the day. For this reason, afternoon and evening activities for high school students and adults will continue as scheduled. Outside groups using district facilities for events and activities tomorrow may continue but contact the sponsoring organization if you have questions.
All elementary and middle school activities sponsored by the school, district or by Community Education are canceled on Tuesday.
Programs at the Northfield Public Library are also cancelled for the day.
- Northfield Schools to Be Delayed Two Hours Tuesday
- Will Minnesota Schools Take Tuesday Off Too?
- Gov. Dayton Orders Public Schools Closed Monday Due to Cold
- Northfield Youth Choirs Cancels Monday Activities Due to Cold
- Northfield Public Schools' Statement on Monday Closure