The Northfield Public Schools will start two hours late today, Monday, Dec. 10, 2012, so that snow plow crews can clear district roadways, according to district officials.
The City of Northfield is under a snow emergency.
Have any great photos from Sunday's snowfall? Share them with your neighbors!
Here's how the two-hour delay affects school operations:
- All morning Community Services classes are canceled.
- No morning Kid Ventures
- Early Ventures will start at 9:30 a.m.
Kindergarten and Hand-in-Hand Preschool
- No morning Kindergarten or Hand-in-Hand.
- Kindergarten Plus students start two hours late.
- Afternoon Kindergarten and Hand-in-Hand as scheduled.
- No breakfast will be served.
Special Education Transportation Routes
- Students will be transported to the Cannon River Education Center (CREC) and State Academies (MSAB and MSAD) if Faribault Public Schools remain open. All other “out-of-district” special education transportation routes will be canceled and children will remain at home.
- All “in-district” special education transportation routes will run 2-hours late in the a.m. and “on time” in the p.m.
- The Middle School principal will work out transfers with St. Dominic’s and inform the bus contractor of changed times or canceled routes (i.e., cancel band trips).
- No transfers to or from Prairie Creek will be made during the day.
Elementary School Activities, Area Learning Center, Co-Curricular Practices, Games and Events, and Special Events
- As planned, but remind people to be attentive for additional announcements about school being closed for the entire day, which may result in cancellation or postponement of scheduled activities