The City of Northfield has declared a snow emergency.
Here are the details from the public works department:
- Date Snow Emergency is declared: Friday February 22, 2013
- Date residential streets will be plowed: Friday February 22, 2013
- Date all downtown parking lots except 5th & Washington Street are closed: Saturday February 23, 2013 beginning at 1:00AM
- Date of downtown snow removal: Saturday February 23, 2013 beginning at 1:00AM
- Date 5th& Washington Street lot is closed: Sunday February 24, 2013 beginning at 1:00AM
- Length of Snow Emergency: 72 hrs
The Public Works Department has declared a SNOW EMERGENCY for the City of Northfield. The snow emergency will start on the date above and will continue until the streets are plowed curb-to-curb after the weather system has passed. During the emergency there is NO PARKING WILL BE ALLOWED ON CITY STREETS. TRASH/RECYCLING CANS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON CITY STREETS. Trash/recycling cans should be placed in the driveway behind the curb line.
All downtown parking lots will be open unless signed accordingly. When the lots are signed there is “No Parking Allowed from 12:00 AM till 6:00AM.” All downtown parking lot permit holders must park in the proper unsigned lots during the event.
The 5th & Washington Street lot will be closed during the downtown snow removal, which is currently scheduled for the time outlined above. During the downtown snow removal, permit holders who normally park in the 5th and Washington Street lot should park in another downtown parking lot.
When a snow emergency is declared you may not park on a City of Northfield streets until it is plowed curb-to-curb and weather system has passed.
For updated information call the City of Northfield parking hotline at 507-645-3080 or check the City of Northfield web site at www.ci.northfield.mn.us