Dale Gehring has applied for the Ward 4 vacancy, according to city clerk Deb Little.
The vacancy on the council was created by Councilor Patrick Ganey’s resignation.
Ganey defeated Gehring in the 2010 election with 52.67 percent of the vote. Gehring received 46.9 percent of the vote.
Interested residents can submit an application to the city clerk no later than 5 p.m. on Oct. 17, 2012. The term of the appointment will be November 2012 through Dec. 31, 2013.
Applicants must confirm that they are qualified for appointment by meeting the requirements:
• The applicant is a resident of the City of Northfield – Ward 4. [A copy of the Ward 4 map is available to the right of this story.]
• Is qualified to vote in the City of Northfield.
• Is at least 21 years of age.
• Meets any other qualifications for the office prescribed by law.
Applicants will be asked to state:
• Why they are interested in the appointment.
• Their education, training and/or experience that is relevant to the appointment.
• Indicate their availability for an interview by the council on Oct. 23, 2012.
Applications are available at City Hall, the Northfield Public Library, on the City of Northfield website:www.ci.northfield.mn.us or may be obtained by contacting Deb Little, City Clerk at 507-645-3001 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The council reserves the right to request further information from applicants, to re-open the application process, and to extend the time for a decision.