.

Fire Reported at the Tavern Restaurant

A minor fire put the restaurant out of commission for a spell on Thursday.

A small kitchen fire prompted a temporary closure at The Tavern on Thursday.

According to a report in the Northfield News, the fire began late Wednesday night, around 11:35 p.m. Northfield officers responding to the scene at 212 Division Street South encountered thick smoke and flames three feet high shooting out of an oven on the property. The fire was quickly quenched with a fire extinguisher. 

Local authorities have not disclosed the cause of the fire, but say that it is not suspicious. 

The restaurant was set to reopen Thursday afternoon.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »