Provide engineering and technical support to drive packaging operations performance. Identifies and removes barriers to enable attainment of production rates, consistent quality, and efficient changeovers. Develops and executes continuous improvement plan for packaging operations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in packaging operations encompassing vertical and horizontal form fill and seal machines, cartoning, case erectors, packers, and sealers, robotic operations, and all forms of package conveying. High speed pouching and blending a plus. Experience in a food processing environment preferred.
The purpose of this job is to apply knowledge of food science and engineering principles to optimize and continually improve and expand an existing platform of cereal products and processes. Another key aspect of this position is to maintain alignment with the marketing partner for this platform to drive the business goals for quality, cost and growth. The job includes new product development and product improvement.
- MS/PhD in Food Science or BS in Chemical or Food Process Engineering.More than five years of experience in the food industry in product and process development roles. Production facility experience with processes having multiple unit operations is required. Experience in process optimization, product formulation, statistical process control, process capability and quality improvements is desired.
- Experience in cereal, baking or snack food manufacturing is preferred.
Accounting duties associated with general ledger close including preparation of assigned journal entries and account reconciliations, a number of which will be in high-risk or specialized areas of accounting. Position is designated financial report writer for accounting group. Ownership of stock based compensation accounting reporting and systems. Assists with treasury functions including financial planning, procurement and investments. Processing of monthly financial statements, audit working papers and tax working papers. Preparation of miscellaneous tax returns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Five or more years experience in performing monthly financial close activities including preparation of journal entries, preparation of account reconciliations, variance analysis and internal reporting
- Extensive financial system report writer experience
- Knowledge of cash management process
- Proven process improvements experience in the area of monthly close process, specific areas of accounting and financial reporting
- Three or more years preparing and coordinating stock compensation reporting
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with JDE a plus
- Strong user in Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Experience with international reporting a plus.