For more than a week now we've been running Local Voices submissions from area nonprofit leaders to help them promote their organizations ahead of Give to the Max Day.
Each year, a 24-hour period—known as Give to the Max Day, which starts at midnight Thursday, Nov. 15, this year—allows for everyone to flex their philanthropic muscle and offers hourly $1,000 bonuses for organizations receiving donations during that time. One $10,000 "golden ticket" bonus will be handed out as well. Also, through local donations, five Northfield-only golden tickets worth $1,000 will be handed out to area nonprofits.
Last year, 47,539 people donated roughly $13.6 million to 4,000 nonprofits statewide during the day.
As promised, we told those who submitted their stories in our Local Voices section that we'd highlight their posts to give them a little extra boost heading into Give to the Max Day.
Be sure to support these and other Northfield-area nonprofits on the big day of giving.
Here are those organizations and posts:
- Help HCI Meet Its Match—All Donations DOUBLED Thursday for Give to the Max Day
- Give to the Max to Save the Northfield Depot
Northfield Youth Choirs
- Northfield Youth Choirs Helps Kids 'Find Their Voices'
- Give to the Max for HOPE Center
- The Story of Us
Northfield Senior Center
- Help the Northfield Senior Center on Give to the Max Day
- Join with WINGS to Give to the Max
- Vintage Band Music Festival—A Sound Decision for ‘Give to the Max’
- Partner with Friends of Way Park: Give to the Max
Prairie's Edge Humane Society
- Max and Maxx Want You to Give to Prairie's Edge Humane Society on Give to the Max Day!
- Please Give to the Max for the Animals at Prairie's Edge Humane Society
- Build Homes ... Build Community ... One at a Time
Northfield Historical Society
- Give to the Max for the Northfield Historical Society
Laura Baker Services Association
- Give to the Max Day
- Who Gives? Northfield Does!
- Giving TO Northfield
- Support Nerstrand Elementary School on Give to the Max Day!
- Give to the Max for River Bend