A Northfield man was arrested after the Rice County Drug Task Force searched his house and found 70 grams of marijuana.
Heavy rains caused some major flooding in July 2013. Law enforcement and rescue personnel were on the scene when it began on a Saturday, and a boat was called in to help move stranded residents from water-surrounded homes.
A suspect was arrested for two burglaries. Three dogs were reportedly killed during the criminal activity.
Audrey D. Stanton, 37, of Northfield and Derek R. Haagensen, 44, of Dundas were hurt when a 2002 Harley Davidson Roadster that Haagensen was driving ran off the road and struck a bridge guardrail near Faribault.
Other popular stories:
- Northfield Council Upholds Decision on TIGER Trail Project
- First Phase of City Hall Construction Nearly Done—Four to Go
- Annexation Discussion Ends in a Draw
- Dave Thompson Gives Up MN Senate Post
- Northfield Hospital Names New CEO
- Photo Shoots Involving Local DFL Candidates Lead to Big Fine
- Results: Northfield Ward 4 Special Election
What was the most memorable story for you this year? Tell us in the comments section below.
For updates and other information about the community, join us on Patch, Like us on Facebook and follow Northfield Patch on Twitter.