What’s been going on at The Key lately? Here are just a few of the projects and events we’ve been working on.
• We recently wrapped up our first formal fundraising endeavor with the Rotary Club of Northfield—a rose sale for Valentines Day. Together, the two groups sold 136 dozen roses! Thank you, Rotary, for all of your help!
• During the month of January, thanks to the dedicated work of a small group of staffers and Key kids, a new stage was built! The stage was built specifically to fit our building, and features a carpeted surface and built-in storage space. We’re lucky to have such hard-working and thrifty people lend us their talents.
• We have continued to host “Tea at the Key” events most Saturdays. These meetings are an opportunity for The Key to share what they’ve been up to with different groups of individuals and organizations, as well as an opportunity for community members to familiarize themselves with the success and mission of the Key. Sessions include a light brunch, tour of the building, and the chance to hear stories and testimonies from real “Key Kids.” All questions are welcome! Contact Amy Merritt at email@example.com if you would like to host or attend “Tea at the Key.”
• From Feb. 27-29, we’ll be having a Clothing Swap at the Key. Swing by anytime between Friday night and Sunday afternoon with any unwanted items of clothing, and trade them in for something that’s new to you.
• On March 3, Minnesota rapper PROF will be in concert at the Key. Come check him out and see the new stage be put to use!
Look forward to more updates from The Key in the upcoming weeks.