According to a Rice County release, the following are some manufacturers and retailers that offer free recycling:
- Apple (http://www.apple.com/recycling/)
- Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-Promotions/Recycling-Electronics/pcmc...)
- Canon (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/about_canon/community_environment/environm...)
- Dell (http://content.dell.com/us/en/corp/dell-environment-recycling.aspx)
- River Bend Nature Center in Faribault also accepts certain items at no charge (i.e.) laptops, keyboards and some computers) http://www.rbnc.org/gogreen/
- Ruth’s House in Faribault will accept used cell phones and small ink cartridges (no toner cartridges) free of charge by contacting them at (507)332-2236.
- Rice County Recycling Center/Landfill also accepts all e-waste items for a small fee.
In addition, if you're looking to recycle any holiday lights, the following places are accepting lights until Jan. 15:
- ACE Hardware Stores: 670 Water St. S in Northfield, and 421 Second Ave. NW in Faribault;
- Rice County Government Services Center: 320 3rd St. NW in Faribault;
- Rice County Recycling Center/Landfill: 3800 145th St. E. in Dundas.
For more information on waste reduction or recycling, email RCSolidWaste@co.rice.mn.us.
For those residents in Dakota County, The Recycling Zone offers residents and businesses the opportunity to get rid of items from light bulbs to lawnmowers that cannot be thrown in the regular trash. For more information, call 651-905-4520, or visit co.dakota.mn.us.
Editor's Note: This article was updated with information on recycling in Dakota County.
For updates and other information about the community, join us on Patch, Like us on Facebook and follow Northfield Patch on Twitter.