Rep. David Bly's Blog

News and updates about the Minnesota Legislature. Flag as Inappropriate

Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors. What's on your mind? What's on your mind? Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell something
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Jim Flaherty February 19, 2014 at 05:41 pm
David, Instead of giving more tax payer money away to subsidize high LP prices why don’t youRead More lobby the state of Minnesota and the state of North Dakota to build a pipeline from the oil and gas fields in N.D. to the consumers here? A project like this would not cost the state anything and would create thousands of jobs as well as supplying needed and cheaper fuel. Or do you and your Democrat cohorts prefer to continue buying votes with ever more subsidies?
Copyright Minnesota House of Representatives
Jim Flaherty December 4, 2013 at 07:10 pm
David, I live in the same house I was in last year and my taxes have gone up by 2.54% So pleaseRead More don't tell me my taxes went down. The amounts I pay to the County, Township, and School District have gone up. On the other hand my homestead Exclusion has gone down. Stop lying to us DAVID
Copyright Minnesota House of Representatives
Jim Flaherty December 4, 2013 at 07:11 pm
Mike B. May 13, 2013 at 08:07 pm
Homosexual marriage is an abomination and a defilement of the word "marriage."
Dan Johnson May 15, 2013 at 05:04 pm
Nothing dies so hard, or rallies so often as intolerance. -- Henry Ward Beecher
Dan Johnson May 15, 2013 at 05:05 pm
The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you shine on it, the more it willRead More contract. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
Mike Carlier April 30, 2013 at 12:40 pm
If anyone thinks the purpose of the latest tax change legislation is to lower the amount of revenueRead More collected by the state, they definitely need more education. I can't afford another DFL "tax relief" program.
Jim Flaherty March 27, 2013 at 03:10 pm
The new buzz word among liberal Democrats seems to be Investment. One thing that the DemocratsRead More need to learn is the difference between what an investment is and what an expenditure is. With an investment you put resources into something and you get back more than you put in, if it was a good investment. With an expenditure you use resources on something and do not expect to get anything back out of it. With an investment like my 401K I put money into it and expect to get more back. If I put in $100.00 I expect to get back $250.00 back in 10 years, this would be an investment. With an expenditure like my electric bill I pay the electric company $100.00 per month, in ten years I will still be paying the electric company every month and will not get my money back at any point. This would be an expenditure.
Jim Flaherty March 27, 2013 at 03:10 pm
You suggest investing $1,000,000,000.00, of that $700,000,000.00 is for early childhood education, $Read More 250,000,000.00 is for property tax relief and $46,000,000.00 is for job creation. Can you explain how the $700,000,000.00 per-year in early childhood education will generate $700,000,000.00 in yearly tax income for the state? Can you explain how the $250,000,000.00 in property tax relief will generate $250,000,000.00 in tax income for the state? Can you explain how the $46,000,000.00 for job creation will generate $46,000,000.00 in tax income for the state. Of the $1,000,000,000.00 you want to invest only $46,000,000.00 has the possibility of being an investment and the rest are expenditures. Of the $46,000,000.00 this is only an investments if none of the jobs are government jobs, if the jobs are government jobs then there expenditures not investments
Jim Flaherty February 15, 2013 at 03:30 am
in the belief that the person has a firearm. The person’s place of residence and vehicles willRead More be searched. If any firearms are located additional charges will be filed. Each County Attorney’s office will forward the name, social security number, MN state identification number, DNR identification number and driver’s license number (all that apply) for all convictions of crimes that would prohibit present and future ownership of firearms to the BCA on a daily bases. The BCA will remove all persons found not guilty of crimes submitted from the County Attorney’s arrest list and the BCA list of persons prohibited to own firearms database only If the person would have been on the prohibited list if found guilty as charged. If the person was already on the list of prohibited from owning firearms the person will remain on the list. Any person involuntary committed to a drug treatment facility will have their, social security number, MN state identification number, DNR identification number and driver’s license number (all that apply) forwarded to the BCA and will remain on the prohibited to purchase and own firearms list until cleared by a licensed doctor as safe to own a firearm.
Jim Flaherty February 15, 2013 at 03:30 am
Any person voluntarily committed to a drug treatment facility will have their, social securityRead More number, MN state identification number, DNR identification number and driver’s license number (all that apply) forwarded to the BCA and will remain on the prohibited to purchase and own firearms list until cleared by a licensed doctor as safe to own a firearm. Any person involuntary committed to a alcohol treatment facility will have their, social security number, MN state identification number, DNR identification number and driver’s license number (all that apply) forwarded to the BCA and will remain on the prohibited to purchase and own firearms list until cleared by a licensed doctor as safe to own a firearm. Any person voluntarily committed to an alcohol treatment facility will have their, social security number, MN state identification number, DNR identification number and driver’s license number (all that apply) forwarded to the BCA and will remain on the prohibited to purchase and own firearms list until cleared by a licensed doctor as safe to own a firearm. The BCA will report all names and pertinent information to the FBI on a daily bases. Kind of long winded here but punish criminals not me.
David Bly February 15, 2013 at 01:11 pm
Thanks Jim, I will share your comments with Chair Paymar.