It's hard to believe April is gone. I just turned my calendar and here we are - a new month. Time to apply flea and tick medication to the dogs. The dogs hate it and seem to know what's in store when I get those little plastic applicators out.
They can run, but they can't hide. There have been times however, when I've applied the medication, let them outside, only to have them throw themselves in a muddy pot hole. I'm smarter now...
- Time to apply flea and tick medication.
- Give your pet a thorough grooming - check for sores that need to be cleaned
- Check your pets ears - are they nice and clean or do they have a bad odor? If yes, clean the ears gently. Ear problems are painful to our pets too.
- Trim the toenails - remember the dew claws if your pet has them
- Check to make sure the collar isn't too tight
- Clean up the yard or kennel where your pet spends time
***Plus - it's getting to be too warm to take your pet in the car. Error on the side of safety. Leave your pet home.