What Should Go Here?: Hoffman's Photography
This is a new feature that asks residents how Northfield should fill its vacant spaces.
Northfield's business landscape is constantly changing—and part of that change includes vacant properties peppered throughout the community.
There’s little doubt residents have their own ideas on how they'd like to see these spaces filled.
In this new feature, Northfield Patch asks you to imagine the future of these spaces. Do you see a new restaurant? A new store? Something no one else has considered? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
In this edition, we look at the former Hoffman's Photography space.
504 Division St. S.
What was it? Hoffman's Photography
Vacant: Since late 2011
Current owner: Shane Austvold and Prashanti Govindu
History: The longtime Northfield business quietly closed in late 2011. The photography and framing studio has been a staple in the Northfield business community for more than 55 years. Larry Hoffman sold the business to Erin Delmore in 2005. Hoffman’s moved from 506 Division St. S. to 504 Division St. S. in 2010.
Check out other popular Patch articles:
- Ganey Concedes, DFLer Mike Obermueller to Face John Kline for Congress Seat
- Massage Therapist Coming to Downtown Northfield
- New Details About Snap Fitness, Northfield Athletic Club Merger
- Three Men Charged with Selling Cocaine in Northfield Area
- Northfield Woman Charged with Killing Dogs Posts Bond, Allowed to Work with Animals