Fourth of July fun kicks off early on Wednesday and the excitement lasts throughout the day until the last firecracker pops.
In observance of Independence Day, the following places are closed:
- Northfield City Hall
- The Northfield Public Library
- The United States Postal Service—mail won't be delivered
Many businesses will be closed, but check our business directory to contact specific businesses for Fourth of July hours.
Have a business with adjusted hours for Fourth of July or just want to let folks know you're open? Leave a comment below!
Fourh of July Lineup in Northfield:
- Bike Races: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in downtown Northfield
- Vintage Base Ball game: 1 p.m. at the foot of Old Main on the St. Olaf College campus (CANCELED due to heat)
- Carnival: 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. by the downtown Northfield Post Office/ Sesquicentennial Legacy Plaza (sponsored by Church of St. Dominic)
- Kiddie Parade: 6:00 p.m. (line up by Econofoods, leads to carnival)
- Fireworks Show (inbetween the Middle School and Bridgewater Elem.) approx. 10:00 p.m.