Editor's note: Be sure to stick with Patch and bookmark our 2012 DJJD roundup page as we bring you coverage all week.
Don’t approach Bridge Square this weekend if you are on a diet.
The food vendors staked out in downtown Northfield offer festival-goers a variety of fare, from hamburgers and french fries to gyros and crab fritters.
Here are five menu items sure to please the tastebuds of many hungry folks, whether they are “townies” or visitors taking in Defeat of Jesse James Days events:
- Taco in a Bag from Maria’s Taco Hut
- Corn dog from the Northfield Masons stand
- Pork chop on a bun or stick at the Rice County Pork Producers and Rice/Dakota County Corn Growers trailer
- Hamburger basket from Knights of Columbus trailer
- Milk shake from the Minnesota Dairy Farmers trailer
Most food stands in Bridge Square are open for lunch through Sunday and remain open late Friday and Saturday nights.