Since appearing in the Northfield News on Saturday, 87-year-old Pat Hanzlik has become everyone's favorite grandma to talk about.
Hanzlik, who lives at the Northfield Retirement Community, was featured for her domination in a Yahoo! fantasy football league, besting family members to win the championship after more than 25 years of playing the game.
"I didn't do very good at first," Hanzlik told Fox Sports North, just one of the media outlets to pick-up the story after it ran in the newspaper.
But heavy studying and some solid trades led her to the championship this season
For a roundup of stories on "Grandma Pat," follow these links:
- Grandma Pat: A league of her own—Northfield News
- 87-year-old wins fantasy football crown—Fox Sports North
- 'Grandma Pat' a pro at fantasy football in Northfied—KARE 11
- Northfield Grandma, 87, Wins 1st Fantasy Football Title—CBS Minnesota
- Rand: Never too old for fantasy football—Star Tribune
- Fantasy breakthrough, by a great-grandma—The Post and Courier
- ‘Grandma Pat,’ 87, may be world’s oldest fantasy football champ—Bring Me The News
- Give It Up For Grandma—Sports Illustrated
- Northfield Grandma Wins Fantasy Football Championship—KAAL