Editor's note: The following was sent to Northfield Patch from Just Food Co-op about the proposed constitutional marriage amendment.
Just Food Co-op recently signed as a coalition partner with Minnesotans United for All Families. Our Ends Statement states that our purpose in this community is to “nourish a just, healthy, and sustainable community” and Just Food feels that the passage of this amendment would have a detrimental effect on our work toward a just community.
The Board at Just Food Co-op has decided that the impact of this amendment on our community is significant enough to warrant making an exception to our standard practice of only taking a position on major issues that are food-related. Many of our owners, employees, and customers have demonstrated and voiced a shared sense that this amendment would harm our community.
Just Food Co-op is proud to join a broad coalition of businesses, churches, non-profits, and other cooperatives in encouraging Minnesotans to vote NO on November 6.
For more information or to find out how you can get involved, check out Minnesotans United for All Families at: http://mnunited.org/
OTHER MARRIAGE AMENDEMENT POSTS
- POLL: Do You Approve Of The Marriage Amendment's Ballot Title?
- Why I Am Voting Yes for the Minnesota Marriage Amendment
- A Legacy—A Poem Opposing the Minnesota Marriage Amendment
- The Soul of the Thing
- One Reason I Oppose the Marriage Amendment: The Children
- For the Sake of Minnesota's Constitution—JUST VOTE NO!
- VIDEO: Rice County Group Launches Campaign Against Marriage
- PHOTOS: Rice County Group Launches Campaign Against Marriage Amendment