Five Things To Do This Weekend in Northfield
Need some guidance for your weekend? Northfield Patch has got you covered.
It's nearly time to close out January. But before we do that, let's enjoy one last weekend of the year's first month. Here are five things you should consider checking out in the coming days.
• Go visit your close, personal friends, Buzz and Woody. The Northfield Public Schools Community Services Division hosts movie night 7 p.m. Friday at Northfield High School. Toy Story 3, the top-grossing animated movie of all time, is the flick of choice. A $2 donation for each person is requested.
• Do a little shopping. Starting at 9 a.m. Saturday, many downtown Northfield businesses are having their winter clearance sale. There'll be plenty of deals to go around.
• Support your matmen. Northfield High School hosts varsity and junior varsity wrestling invitationals, starting at 10 a.m. Saturday. More than 10 schools will be present.
• Support your gymnasts. Starting at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Northfield hosts a girls varsity invitational with several schools coming to the Northfield Gymnastics Club.
• Check out Sopranorama! at First United Church of Christ. A trio of vocalists will sing several genres, from classical to cabaret. Tickets are $20, available at First UCC or at Present Perfect in downtown Northfield.