Video streaming by Ustream
101042188 key-25izbauwhr7jpc1riawhCredit Corey Butler Jr. http://o5.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/5c2561d9fec5e37d8ee0b4c656bd757 http://o3.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/patch/893408f3ef593afba287e050cad3a605
101042194 key-121b7mjvdaa5s7ovcywtCredit Corey Butler Jr. http://o3.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/c89aa0ca866d0aee3ba77616ee798b9b http://o5.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/patch/7bba19f09a0d3f1f6ee91ef7659ee32b
The agenda and packet for the meeting are attached as PDFs.
- Discussed the downtown Northfield Post Office. The United States Postal Service continues to pursue consolidation of the downtown office with the carrier annex on the south end of the city. But Northfield's Save Our Post Office task force continues to research options and recruit other organizations—State Historic Preservation Office, Northfield Heritage Preservation Commission, American Council of Historic Preservation—to help stave off closure. At present, the HPC, which has been designated as the lead group by the Council, has prepared a Section 106 process, which is a federally mandated process the federal government and its subsidiary organizations must adhere to when closing a site with a historical designation, according to Michele Merxbauer, interim community development director for Northfield. Until the Section 106 process is completed, it is not possible to discussion acquisition and reuse options in any details, Merxbauer told the Council. For more information on the process, click on the attached PDF.
- Heard from the HRA about its 2013-2014 work plan
- Discussed its future intentions with the Convention and Visitors Bureau Services
Check out other popular Patch articles:
- VIDEO: Tech Boot Camp for Northfield Teachers
- Get to Know the Council Candidates
- Northfield Nonprofit Director Charged with Stealing Money
- Firefighters Respond to Stuck Elevator, Possible Electrical Fire at St. Olaf
- Northfield Man Sentenced to Jail for Sexually Touching Female Relative
- Minnesota Companies that Oppose the Marriage Amendment
Thanks. We'll email you the next time we update this story.
See More on Patch
- South Metro News Roundup: Golf Course Redux, Marathon Survivors, and Another ‘Voice’
- Should Northfield Get Charging Stations for Electric Cars?
- Week in Review: Most Wanted List, School Calendar, Police Blotter
- Commissioners Hear Public Health, Three Rivers Community Action Updates
- Council Meets with Sen. Dahle, Commissioner Malecha
Most Popular articles
- Facebook Becomes Bearer of Bad News for Northfield Shoppers
- The Most Recent Northfield Deaths—May 20
- Minnesota Teen's Tragic Death Drives Dixits to Combat Distracted Driving
- Dog Killing Victim: 'I Just Can't Understand How Anyone Could Be So Cruel'
- Northfield Police Blotter: Child Protection, Crash, Shoplifter