Northfield City Council Seeks Applicants for Vacant Seat
Councilor Patrick Ganey’s resignation leaves a vacancy in Ward 4.
Editor’s Note: The following is a press release from the City of Northfield.
The Northfield City Council invites persons interested in being appointed to fill the vacancy on the council created by Councilor Patrick Ganey’s resignation, to submit an application to the City Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on Oct. 17, 2012. The term of the appointment will be November 2012 through Dec. 31, 2013.
Applicants must confirm that they are qualified for appointment by meeting the requirements:
• The applicant is a resident of the City of Northfield – Ward 4. [A copy of the Ward 4 map is available to the right of this story.]
• Is qualified to vote in the City of Northfield.
• Is at least 21 years of age.
• Meets any other qualifications for the office prescribed by law.
Applicants will be asked to state:
• Why they are interested in the appointment.
• Their education, training and/or experience that is relevant to the appointment.
• Indicate their availability for an interview by the council on Oct. 23, 2012.
Applications are available at City Hall, the Northfield Public Library, on the City of Northfield website: www.ci.northfield.mn.us or may be obtained by contacting Deb Little, City Clerk at 507-645-3001 or via e-mail at email@example.com
The council reserves the right to request further information from applicants, to re-open the application process, and to extend the time for a decision.