Absentee Voting Now Available in Rice County for Aug. 14 Primary Election
Eligible voters who will be unable to go their polling place on Election Day may vote by absentee ballot. People may vote by absentee ballot for the following reasons:
• Absence from the precinct
• Illness or disability
• Religious discipline or observance of a religious holiday
• Service as an election judge in another precinct
• Eligible emergency declared by the governor or quarantine declared by federal or state government
Applications for absentee ballots are available from the Rice County Auditor-Treasurer's office located at the Rice County Government Services Building, 320 3rd Street N.W., Suite 5, Faribault, MN.
You may receive an application by coming to our office in person, writing to us, or by calling us at (507) 332-6104 or (507) 645-9576. You may also go to Rice County's website at: www.co.rice.mn.us to obtain an application for absentee ballots.
Rice County voters unable to vote at their polling place on Election Day may vote by absentee ballot at the Rice County Auditor-Treasurer's office. Ballots for the Primary Election are now available. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday through Friday. We will also be open for absentee voting on Saturday, Aug. 11, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and on Monday, Aug. 13, from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
New for this year, all residents of Rice County may now also vote by absentee ballot at the Northfield City Hall, 801 Washington St., Northfield. Absentee voting hours are as follows:
• Monday through Thursday, July 2-Aug. 2—8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Monday through Friday, Aug. 6-10—8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 11—10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Monday, Aug. 13—8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you wish to check where your absentee ballot is in the process, the following website provides this information: https://mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/AbsenteeBallotStatus.aspx